First we started on the newly chipped pile (from the brush piled at the trail head), figuring out that approximately two wheelbarrows were required to cover a six-foot section of the trail. While working on the main trail, we also started filling in the lower trail and classroom area. When more volunteers arrived, we began weeding the area in and around the "L" shaped classroom, preparing it to be mulched.
As the day progressed, we focused on spreading the mulch in the path areas and the classrooms. The pile that the DPW had chipped for us spread only about half the way up the main path, so we used wheelbarrows to distribute mulch from other piles the rest of the way up the path.
We worked on the pink trail as well, weeding the trail head and grading some of the steeper parts. We also lined the trail with logs and branches and used stakes to hold some of the lining logs in place.
All we have left to do now is move the mulch piles to one central location or distribute them around the areas. We also have to find logs to line all of the pathways.