The Pink Trail passes along the ridge next to the playground and down to the path leading to the classroom areas. However, there is a massive dirt pile in the way so we had to cut a path into the side of the very rocky hill. After the trail was "paved," we used some of the large logs to help show where the trail was (and to help keep it from eroding).
The Red Trail is at the bottom end of the classroom area and connects to the lower tee-ball field. There was a lot of pruning done today and we are still pulling dead branches out of the bushes on either side of the trail.
- Spread wood chips (which we'll get from the piles and the Mendham Borough DPW)
- Get more logs for marking the trails and classroom areas
- Get stumps for individual seats
- Sand and lacquer the "Tree Ring Station"
- Finish trail blazes (the down to uphill direction on the Pink Trail)
- Create signs for landmarks